Call Us For Free Consultation


Extraordinary Ability

Los Angeles Immigration Lawyer

Visas For Persons Of Extraordinary Ability

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) interprets the meaning of “extraordinary ability” differently, depending upon the visa category for which you are applying.

There are two visa categories for which demonstrated extraordinary ability is required, the O-1 and the EB-1. An O-1 visa is a nonimmigrant, or temporary, visa category while the EB-1 leads to permanent resident status in the U.S. There may be strategic legal reasons for applying in one category or the other, which we will discuss with you during the initial meeting.

Spanish immigration attorney

Extraordinary Individuals

At Ronzio & Associates, we help employers comply with U.S. immigration law when hiring foreign individuals. We can also assist qualified, extraordinary individuals file an EB-1 petition without having an existing employment arrangement. Contact Ronzio & Associates in Los Angeles, California, at 866.441.1458 or email us today.

EB-1 is an `` immigrant`` visa category. This means that if you meet the criteria, you can obtain permanent resident status and remain in the U.S. to continue working in your same field of expertise. We have successfully helped our clients through this onerous — but rewarding — visa application process. If your expertise is in science, the arts, education, business or athletes, we will discuss the EB-1 option with you.

O-1 is a `` nonimmigrant`` visa category. This means that if you meet the criteria, you will be able to work in the U.S. for a limited period of time. However, your employer can file to extend your stay and employment indefinitely in most situations. This category can help foreign nationals who have extraordinary ability in the same categories as the EB-1, science, the arts, education or athletics. Individuals who may not qualify under other visa categories, due to degree requirements, might be able to qualify for an O-1 visa.

Under both options, it is possible to bring family members with you to the U.S. The O-1 also permits certain, essential support staff to accompany you on tours or exhibitions. Our firm has assisted many world-renowned and talented people. To determine your eligibility for a visa for persons of extraordinary ability, we encourage you to speak with an immigration attorney at Ronzio & Associates.

Spanish immigration attorney

Contact A Los Angeles Visa Attorney Today!

Our law firm is built upon trust and long-standing relationships with our clients. To speak with one of our lawyers about a labor certification, green card, visa or other immigration matter, call Ronzio & Associates at 866.441.1458. For assistance by email, contact us online.

For strong legal guidance concerning immigration matters, CALL us now.